POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : the Utah teapot is older than you think! : Re: the Utah teapot is older than you think! Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: the Utah teapot is older than you think!
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 6 Feb 2009 04:30:00
Message: <web.498c02132cee23ee6dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
> Interestingly, Tim Attwood posted something similar in povray.advanced-users
[snip]
> and which I have used a couple of times. Would be interesting to compare
> methods...

Aha, I didn't know about that, but I'd be very surprised if nobody had done this
before in some form! Tim's method is similar, but he's picking random starting
points within the bounding box from which to fire test rays, whereas I'm
looping over a grid of starting points.

It would, as you say, be interesting to see the differences. I shall
investigate. :)